Why does it work?
Our purpose is to maintain a set of legal technology core competencies and certification that:
- Are workflow-based (as opposed to feature/function-based).
- Provide a positive environment for learning.
- Are sufficiently flexible for firms to use in the way which suits them (incorporating their own best practices).
- Allow for any training method.
- Allow for any method of assessment (subject to LTC4 approval see Certification).
- It is the ONLY industry standard for legal technology skills.
How does it work?
Our Learning Plans provide a structure for legal technology training and assessment:
- Purchase the Plan/s that match the business need (go to the Shop).
- Sign the LTC4 License Agreement & get stakeholder buy-in to improve skills & productivity.
- Deliver training using preferred method/s.
- Submit the assessment method to LTC4’s Certification Pod for approval.
- Assess competence (80% proficiency) and submit the individuals’ names for their Certificate.
- Tell the firm and your clients.
Two target audiences: Attorneys and Support Staff
The attorney core competencies and certification have been developed to provide the skills necessary to address their professional responsibility to the firm and clients to create/oversee quality work product, avoid risk, and maintain confidentiality and compliance.
The staff core competencies and certification have been developed to provide the skills necessary to support firm attorneys and clients to create efficient quality work product and enable the firm to measure staff proficiency to ensure firms goals are being achieved.
The LTC4 Network
LTC4 is made up of individuals from firms, legal departments and legal non-profits, many of which have already done core competency programs in some way and wanted to move to the next stage, expand and improve on what they’d already done.
We are united in that we want to move towards core competencies which really reflect how users actually work.
LTC4 is expanding its Law Firms, Law Departments Law Schools, Vendors and Consultants across the globe who share our vision.
BOARD / CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS
Board Member / Contributing Member – UK Treasurer
Global Technology Training Manager
Squire Patton Boggs
Board Member / Contributing Member – Chair/US Treasurer
Information Systems Trainer
Board Member – Core Competencies Lead
Learning Technology Manager
Burges Salmon LLP
Board Member – Certification Lead
Manager, Global Technology Education Services
Shearman & Sterling LLP
Learning and Development Manager
Global IT Training Manager
Allen & Overy LLP